Need some cocktail inspiration? Here’s a seven-step guide to the delicious Toasted Oak Cocktail.
Orange twist and vanilla straw
45ml Auchentoshan American Oak 30ml Yenda Golden Ale
10ml Fresh orange juice
10ml Ginger and honey syrup
3 Bsp. Coconut flakes
- To make vanilla straw, cut each end off a vanilla bean and carefully insert skewers. Leave to dry for 2 days, remove skewers when ready to use
- In a milk jug, add 45ml Auchentoshan American Oak
- Add coconut flakes to Auchentoshan and rest in hot water to make the alcohol vapors more volatile
- To a cocktail shaker, add 30ml Yenda Golden Ale
- Flambé coconut flakes in Auchentoshan American Oak to achieve a flash infusion
- Fill the Boston part of the shaker with ice and place a julep strainer on top. Throw cocktail between the Boston Tin and the Toby Tin to dilute, aerate and chill the cocktail
- Strain over ice, serve and enjoy!