Want to win $4,000 HK? Or just prove to be the best and baddest urban gardener around town? Hendrick’s is doling out seeds from now until the end of the month and calling on you to grow your finest cucumber and present it as part of an unusual and peculiar cocktail recipe at the closing party on 3 November.
Make sure that your cucumber (or cucumbers) are a part of your final drinks, either as an ingredient or garnish. Think of the best way to show off your cucumber.
Don’t worry if your plant is slow on the pick-up, there will be another chance for you to get more seeds – trial and error is fine.
- Prepare your plantation tools – a nice little space with sunshine, a flowerpot, and some soil. Or go crazy and bring in the organic fertilizer and garden plots. The method is up to you.
- Fill out the registration form and return to competition organizer no later than 31 July 2015 via this email : email@example.com. You should receive a confirmation of entry.
- Start growing your cucumbers from 1 August – 30 October 2015.
- Every two weeks during the growing period you must upload a photo of your plant to the official competition Facebook page here. This is how the good people of Hendrick’s know you didn’t just hit the market…
- Hendrick’s brand ambassador Erik Andersson will visit you around the end August to have a look around.
- Come harvest time, be sure to keep you cucumbers in decent shape for the closing party 3 November (when judging will occur).
Bring yourself and your cucumbers together to the closing party. If you have more than one, please bring all of them. (You can invite your friends or co-workers to join the party with you.)
Hendrick’s Brand Ambassador, Erik Andersson will judge as you prepare your most unusual and peculiar Hendrick’s cocktail and present you cucumber as either as part of your drink (either as an ingredient or garnish)
Three winners will be chosen based on who has the best match of cucumber and cocktail.
HK$4,000.00 + Unusual Hendrick’s Pack (Only for Champion version)
HK$3,000.00 + Unusual Hendrick’s Pack (Only for 1st Runner-up version)
HK$2,000.00 + Unusual Hendrick’s Pack (Only for 2nd Runner-up version)
Important dates for the Hendrick’s Your Drinks x Your Cucumbers Competition:
10 – 31 July 2015
Get your cucumber seeds and prepare to plant
31 July 2015
Deadline for registration
1 August – 30 October 2015
3 November 2015
Closing Event & Cocktail Judging